[Rpcemu] A configuration question or two

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 8 04:13:51 PST 2013

On 8 Mar 2013, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> The config question relates to the Emu display... Emu is displaying on
> an Acer-17 inch Flatscreen at 1280 x 900 C16M @ 54Hz
>
> 1) Are there any Emu configs to control the X,Y position of the Emu
> window on the screen when it starts up. At present it starts up pushed
> off to the Right side and down by 20% of the initial display...
> Obviously it can be dragged up into position, but I wondered if there
> was a config to set it in the right place automatically?

If RPCEmu has been installed by its installer (as opposed to cloning
RPCEmu in Program Files), I suspect that it may be possible to specify
start-up settings, in the Registry. I wouldn't know how, though!

> 2) Regardless of what screen mode/size I try, RPCEmu cannot be set at
> FullScreen, this just causes the thing to flash requiring a three
> fingered salute to Exit.  RPCEmu-Interpreter. RPCEmu-Recompiler just
> errors, and crashes out without the flashing.

Agreed, the 'Fullscreen mode' setting is to be avoided.

Here, RPCEmu runs on a laptop, having a 1280 x 800 screen resolution,
but its MDF sets its display to 1280 x 760, thus leaving 40 pixels for
the Win7 title bar. Clicking on the Windows Maximize button, causes the
display to fill the screen, exactly. This doesn't solve the problem of
opening offscreen but only one click is needed for a fullscreen display.

In case it may be of use, my MDF is below. You may find that it will
work on your machine, simply by changing 760 to 860. If not, you'll need
to tweak it, using MakeModes, or similar.

   # 1280 x 760 (60 Hz)
   startmode
     mode_name:1280 x 760 (60 Hz)
     x_res:1280