[Rpcemu] A configuration question or two

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 8 07:25:12 PST 2013

On 8 Mar 2013, george greenfield <george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> In message <b401312953.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
>           Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> > In case it may be of use, my MDF is below. You may find that it will
> > work on your machine, simply by changing 760 to 860. If not, you'll
> > need to tweak it, using MakeModes, or similar.

[snip: mdf]

> I recently managed to successfully edit a 1680 x 1050 mode to 1824 x
> 1026. The key things to change (assuming the above MDF was to be
> altered to 1280 x 860, for example) are:

[snip: change all instances of 760 to 860]

> Everything else can stay the same. I also made sure my homegrown mode
> conformed to a 16:9 ratio but as Tony's existing mode doesn't conform
> this probably isn't crucial. HTH,

For a fullscreen display, the dimensions of the RPCEmu window need to be
the same as the screen resolution. Win7 uses 40 pixels for its title bar
thus, since my screen is 1280 x 800, the MDF needs to be 1280 x 760.
Dave's screen is 1280 x 900, so the MDF needs to be 1280 x 860.

None of these resolusions is 16:9 (1280 x 700), because neither of the
screens have that ratio.

Tony