[Rpcemu] A configuration question or two

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Fri Mar 8 11:36:37 PST 2013

In article <b401312953.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
   Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 8 Mar 2013, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> [snip]

> > The config question relates to the Emu display... Emu is displaying on
> > an Acer-17 inch Flatscreen at 1280 x 900 C16M @ 54Hz

[Snippy]

> > 2) Regardless of what screen mode/size I try, RPCEmu cannot be set at
> > FullScreen, this just causes the thing to flash requiring a three
> > fingered salute to Exit.  RPCEmu-Interpreter. RPCEmu-Recompiler just
> > errors, and crashes out without the flashing.

> Agreed, the 'Fullscreen mode' setting is to be avoided.

> Here, RPCEmu runs on a laptop, having a 1280 x 800 screen resolution,
> but its MDF sets its display to 1280 x 760, thus leaving 40 pixels for
> the Win7 title bar. Clicking on the Windows Maximize button, causes the
> display to fill the screen, exactly. This doesn't solve the problem of
> opening offscreen but only one click is needed for a fullscreen display.

> In case it may be of use, my MDF is below. You may find that it will
> work on your machine, simply by changing 760 to 860. If not, you'll need
> to tweak it, using MakeModes, or similar.

>    # 1280 x 760 (60 Hz)
>    startmode
>      mode_name:1280 x 760 (60 Hz)
>      x_res:1280
>      y_res:760
>      pixel_rate:72969
>      h_timings:188,44,0,1280,0,0
>      v_timings:2,32,0,760,0,10
>      sync_pol:3
>    endmode

> Tony

Thanks for the above Tony.
A slight misunderstanding...

The native screen res of the Acer monitor is 1280 x 1024, my custom MDF
runs RPCEmu at 1280 x 900 so I can have, not only the Win Title bar, but
the Win Taskbar and a small amount of Win screen to get at the line of
particular apps I have pinned to the Desktop just above the Task bar.

I quite often click URLs out of RO into Firefox, and Copy/Paste text from
RO to Win WP or Text editor.

And yes I use the Window tool to toggle to fullscreen as you also note.

Thanks for the thought though, appreciated.

Dave

PS: Hope to see you in my next Q thread See a CD in RPCEmu.
D.

--

Dave Triffid