[Rpcemu] See a CD in RPCEmu

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Fri Mar 8 21:37:54 PST 2013

In article <3446652953.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
   Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 8 Mar 2013, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> [snip]

> > Networking now works most of the time, though I am still occasionally
> > getting RPCEmu starting up but unable to network.

> That happens here if I start RPCEmu too soon after booting the Windows
> machine. During the first few minutes, it seems that Windows is far too
> preoccupied with its own affairs, to attend to requests from elsewhere!

> Tony

Mmnn, possible I guess, though here it's running on a multicore 3Ghz
processor, New Mobo and New clean install of Win-7 Pro with a very few
apps installed (On PC).

The network failure appears to be when Emu crashes out for some reason (So
not shut down correctly) like attempting full screen, and the occasional
old RO app, thereafter neither it nor any other of my tester versions will
connect.

Because it's so fast I usually just Reboot the PC, though I do remember in
the past while sorting network disconnects related to Emu (On a much
slower 1.2 GHz single core) I just went into PC networking and re-freshed
the Bridge.
I'll try that next time I get a disconnect.

Cheers
Dave

--

Dave Triffid