[Rpcemu] See a CD in RPCEmu

george greenfield george.greenfield at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Mar 10 14:11:21 PDT 2013

In message <53299097dbdave at triffid.co.uk>
          Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <3446652953.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
>    Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 8 Mar 2013, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>
>> > Networking now works most of the time, though I am still occasionally
>> > getting RPCEmu starting up but unable to network.
>
>> That happens here if I start RPCEmu too soon after booting the Windows
>> machine. During the first few minutes, it seems that Windows is far too
>> preoccupied with its own affairs, to attend to requests from elsewhere!

I find the same thing here. I normally wait for the PC's hard drive
light to go out before starting RPCEmu for the first time.

> Mmnn, possible I guess, though here it's running on a multicore 3Ghz
> processor, New Mobo and New clean install of Win-7 Pro with a very few
> apps installed (On PC).

Similar to my setup here.

> The network failure appears to be when Emu crashes out for some reason (So
> not shut down correctly) like attempting full screen, and the occasional
> old RO app, thereafter neither it nor any other of my tester versions will
> connect.

Once up, I find RPCEmu networking to be very stable. I have the
network bridge (via which RPCEmu accesses the net) set up on a cabled
connection to the router; the PC side uses wireless connection. I
don't know if this makes any difference.

George

--
george greenfield