[Rpcemu] A configuration question or two

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Mon Mar 11 09:07:27 PDT 2013

In article <mpro.mji4vk000x6qb01zk.groups at planet3.freeuk.co.uk>,
   Brian D <groups at planet3.freeuk.co.uk> wrote:
> Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> > I quite often click URLs out of RO into Firefox, and Copy/Paste text
> > from RO to Win WP or Text editor.
> >
> Have I missed something? This ability is available in VRPC but I didn't
> know it was available on RPCEMU. I've just tried it from RISCOS 6.20 and
> it didn't work. Do you need uniprint?

Yes, or UniServer as I believe it's now called.

With Uniserver active and the underlying host IP address (PC) set in the
Hosts file, and obviously Uniserver.exe running on the PC, I can Copy and
paste from RPCEmu apps to the Win Text editor I use, or OvPro for Windows
etc, additionally and far more important, I can double click a URL out of
Emu RISC OS directly in to Firefox underneath.

> Back to sorting out appletalk and networking.....

That is fun...

Dave

--

Dave Triffid