[Rpcemu] See a CD in RPCEmu

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 11 13:15:49 PDT 2013

On 11 Mar 2013, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <dd1bb52a53.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
>    Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 11 Mar 2013, "Timmermans, Andre" <andre.timmermans at atos.net>
> > wrote:
>
> > [snip]
>
> > > 1) The drive is not listed by RPCEmu in the menu
> > >
> > > I got around this by modifying rpc.cfg manually by setting
> > > cdrom_type to 72. It would be nice to document somewhere that it
> > > correspond to the code ascii of the drive letter + 3, so that
> > > others users with the same problem can work around it.
> > >
> > > Using this configuration my CD drive E: becomes accessible from
> > > RPCEmu and works fine with data CDs.
>
> > Brilliant! Here, it works for RO4.39 and 6.20, which I use
> > frequently.
>
> > However, 5.19 (29-Oct-12) reports 'CD-ROM drive not found', when the
> > iconbar icon is clicked. Do others see this?.
>
> Unfortunately that doesn't work here, it just asks me to put a disk in
> drive E and the tray ejects. (There's already a disv in the tray.)

I spoke too soon! RO4.39 and 6.20 are able to access data CDs (eg RO6
installation CD) but I've just discovered that attemting to read a music
CD, causes RPCEmu to vanish abruptly, without any error message.

However, Andre does say that the fix works with data CDs. Perhaps we
need to add 'only'.

Tony