[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.10

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Wed Mar 27 23:19:52 PDT 2013

In article <b54a333353.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
   Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 27 Mar 2013, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <20130327171513.GA9402 at spod.org>,
> >    Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:

> > > A new version of RPCEmu is available, 0.8.10

> [snip]

> > > * Windows
> >
> > >   - Host CD-ROM drives now appear correctly in the CD-ROM submenu.

> [snip]

> > Well done chaps and thanks for the work.

> Seconded.

> > I can confirm the Host CD-ROM drive does now work, so whoopeee!
> >
> > But only if cdrom_type = 72 in rpc.cfg

> RO4.39 and 6.20 work for data CDs. Music CDs continue to crash RPCEmu.

> RO5.19 produces the error 'CD-ROM drive not found', for any CD type.

> Tony

So Whoopeee! turns into whoopsee... Ooer!

Indeedy you are so right Tony, I'd only tested it on a Data CD, but after
your note... Obviously not fixed.

Interestingly, yesterday when I returned the rpc.cfg, cdrom_type to the
default settings it didn't work on a Data CD either, I should have seen
the signs...

Dave

--

Dave Triffid