[Rpcemu] Full screen problems

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Wed Apr 22 10:35:02 PDT 2015

In article <5537CECB.6090107 at blueyonder.co.uk>,
   David Gee <david_m_gee at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm having difficulty running RPCEmu 0.8.12 in full screen mode, both on
> Linux and Windows, although the symptoms are different.

> On Windows (8.1), RPCEmu nearly always crashes on attempting to select
> full screen mode--the chances of a successful outcome are highest when
> the *average* MIPS value shown in the title bar is highest. On the rare
> occasions when I *do* achieve this, RPCEmu works correctly.

> On Linux (Lubuntu 14.04 LTS), there is no problem in selecting full
> screen mode. However, the mouse cursor 'sticks' to the top left hand
> corner and no longer behaves correctly. This is with the mouse pointer
> in 'follows host pointer' mode as if this is no selected the mouse does
> not work correctly on Linux in any case--even in windowed mode.

> If I then return to windowed mode normal operation is not restored as
> the mouse pointer disappears.

>From here, RPCEmu 0.8.12 on Win 7 Pro 64bit... The "Fullscreen Mode" as
from the toolbar menu has never worked without continually FU the thing.

In RO:
I created a screen mode in "Makemodes" that is close to the full screen
size of my monitor minus the Task bar.

I selected that as the monitor def in Configuration-display.

In windows:
I have a RPCEmu shortcut on the Taskbar, and in the Properties-Shortcut
Tab, I've set it to Run: Maximised.

When I click on the Shortcut in the Taskbar, RPCEmu is run, then auto
maximised.

That way there's no FU.

Dave

--