[Rpcemu] HostFS problem

Gerald Holdsworth gerald at hollypops.co.uk
Thu Aug 6 14:38:41 PDT 2015

I've had this issue when using HostFS on my Mac OS X 10.9.5 install of RPCEmu, version 0.8.9. When a file or directory is created that contains a space, it is changed to '%A0'. This causes issues when copying files/directories with such characters, or running installs that creates such files/directories.

However, if I create, using Finder, a file or directory within the HostFS folder a file/directory with a space in it, it all works fine. So it looks like some translation from RISC OS to Mac OS. It also does this on the 0.8.12, and new HostFS version, recently made available.

As I can't use an HDF in RISC OS 5.2x, it pretty much makes running this OS under emulation difficult.

Anyone else have this issue, or any solutions?

Cheers,

Gerald.

From the MacBook Air of Gerald Holdsworth
www.geraldholdsworth.co.uk