[Rpcemu] Patch for HostFS file name translation on Windows

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Mon Nov 2 13:42:39 PST 2015

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 01:43:58PM +0000, alan buckley wrote:
> I’ve attached a patch for hostfs.c (made using diff –u) to fix the
> problem with
> the “?”. “<” and “>” characters when they are used in HostFS on Windows.
> It translates them to “#”, "$" and "^" in Windows which matches some
> documentation I've seen on DOSFS.

Hiya, do you have a link to the docs anywhere? It'd be useful to check.

> I have a Google test to test them if you require, but it's easy to do it
> by hand, at the CLI just try.
>
> *create a?b
> *create a<b
> *create a>b
>
> These will fail before the patch is applied.
>
> Can some one apply this to the RPC Emu code please?

One other consideration is whether these should apply to linux as well,
they are not required for operation, but are needed if you want to be able
to take a hostfs image from linux to windows or vice versa.

Peter

--
Peter Howkins
peter.howkins at marutan.net