[Rpcemu] Windows 8/10 Networking, working, updated manual

Tony Moore old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 5 08:33:40 PDT 2015

On 4 Oct 2015, Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:

> There's an updated version of the windows networking page.
>
> There is a caveat, that if you update from windows 7/8 then you will
> probably need to uninstall and reinstall the openvpn TAP driver.
>
> There is also an additional configuration you need to do, to prevent a
> mac address clash.
>
> http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/manual/network.html
> http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/manual/net-win.html

In <dfc30df454.old_coaster at old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk> , I described my
experience in upgrading from Win7 to Win10, and installing networking on
RPCEmu (following the previous instructions).

Networking was fine, but I found it necessary to re-build the network
bridge after every Win10 re-boot (as for WinXP). Do you find the same?

This, and other problems with Win10, have caused me to revert to Win7,
where the network bridge is stable over re-boots.

Tony