[Rpcemu] Allegro not installed Ubuntu 14.04

Matthew Phillips spam2011m at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 22 14:23:26 PDT 2015

This problem is awfully similar to that which people were getting a year ago
(the subject line referenced Mint 17).

I have installed liballegro4-dev, liballegro4.4 and liballegro4.4-plugin-alsa

I have gcc and build-essential.

When I do

cd rpcemu/src
aclocal

I get "warning: macro 'AM_PATH_ALLEGRO' not found in library and if I do

./configure

I get a syntax error when it gets to the AM_PATH_ALLEGRO line.

Unlike Sean Kelly a year ago, who fixed it by copying allegro.m4 from
/usr/local/share/aclocal/  to /usr/share/aclocal/ I do not have the
allegro.m4 file anywhere in /usr at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matthew

--