[Rpcemu] RPCEmu pre release test version 0.8.99

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Fri Oct 20 12:11:55 PDT 2017

https://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/testing/

Due to the recent work on RPCEmu being very wide-ranging we are asking for
testing and feedback before we recommend this as a 'release' build for
everyone.

We would like to hear your feedback on this version, in particular any
bugs that have appeared since the 0.8.15 release or missing features.
Please report your findings on the Mailing List, please include your
rpclog.txt files when reporting issues.

The two major changes in this build compared to previous versions.

 - Changed to the Qt5 library for the GUI. Previously we used the
   Allegro 4 library and additional win32 code.
   - The GUI is shared by all platforms, reducing maintenance work.
   - The Linux/BSD builds gain the full GUI that previously was Windows
     only.
   - The full-screen mode should no longer crash.
   - The full-screen mode uses software scaling. It will no longer resize
     your host OS desktop and it preserves the aspect ratio of the emulator
     video modes.
   - The clock "drift" (where host and emulated clock move apart)
     should be much reduced. Please test without the syncclock module in
     'poduleroms' and let us know your results.
 - Changed the threading model of the program so that the GUI is in a
   separate thread from the emulation of the machine.
   - The most obvious change from this is that opening menus and configure
     windows do not halt the emulation of the machine whilst you work
     with them.

Additional fixes in this version

 - Linux: Support being built as a position independent executable (PIE),
   this allows the 64-bit recompiler builds to work without modification
   on Linux distributions which compile all software as PIE by default
   (e.g. Ubuntu 16.10 and later)
 - Windows: HostFS date stamps should be correct regardless of Daylight
   Savings Time flag.
 - ARM Core: STM with store of R15 should vary with processor type (x86
   recompiler).
 - ARM Core: STRT/STRBT with store of R15 should store same value as
   STR/STRB.
 - Clang compiler is now recognised when writing to the log file.

For further information and downloads please visit

https://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/testing/

Matthew Howkins
Peter Howkins

--