[Rpcemu] hdf file format

Gerald Holdsworth gerald at hollypops.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 04:39:43 PST 2018

Just had a look over the riscos.info page - not entirely sure where the link to my document would fit in as, although it covers a part of RISC OS (i.e. Filecore/ADFS), is not specific to it.

If anyone wants to add it in, please feel free - you have my permission to publish this anywhere (although if you just put a link to the document, as I will update it from time to time as and when I discover more).

Going back to the original question - Reuben, the offset you refer to (&FC1) points directly into the disc record, with the &200 byte header added on the top of the file (so it is an actual HDF file created by an emulator). Just zeroing these values will not make the file readable by an emulator. You will need to recreate the disc record, and details are in my document (and the Programmer's Reference Manual).

Cheers,

Gerald.