[Rpcemu] RPC Emu 0.8.14 on OS X High Sierra

Theo Markettos theo at markettos.org.uk
Thu Oct 4 13:33:49 PDT 2018

On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 09:23:54PM +0100, Gerald Holdsworth wrote:
> Hi Theo,
>
> I did have a read through that thread prior to posting this email - at the
> moment I’m not into compiling the binaries, mainly due to my MacBook Air
> only having 128GB storage (of which nearly half is used, through constant
> removal of unneeded data every month).  However, I should be getting
> myself a second hand Pro with a 500GB hard drive, so these problems will
> magically go away (to be replaced with a slower data access speed).

Oh, I thought in that forest of links they had released a binary - my
mistake.  Maybe they can be prodded into doing so?

(there isn't an official release process for the Mac versions of RPCEmu,
because Peter and Matthew don't have a Mac, and the Allegro version of
RPCEmu needed some horribleness done to add the ancient Carbon to XCode to
make it build.  It should be a lot easier with Qt, but at the end of the day
it still needs someone with a Mac to push builds out the door)

Theo