[Rpcemu] RPCEmu (linux) Hangs on seeing uniboot (RO 3.71)

Bryan Hogan rpcemu at helpful.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 20:38:03 PDT 2018

In message <a7b85a11-151e-bbb7-ba8d-ae4d388f8a38 at dewberryfields.co.uk>
          Michael Howard <mike at dewberryfields.co.uk> wrote:

> Using any cpu configuration other that SA causes the emulator to hang as
> soon as it 'sees' the uniboot !Boot folder.

IIRC this is caused by the StrongARM version of the BootVars program
failing on any other cpu type. Maybe you could use a copy of BootVars
from an earlier uniboot?

Personally I just always run with SA as the cpu config!

Bryan.

PS. Does this still happen with RPCEmu 0.9.1? I've not tried it yet.

PPS. Come and discuss this with the RPCEmu authors at this weekend's
RISC OS London Show!

--
RISC OS User Group Of London  -  http://www.rougol.jellybaby.net/
RISC OS London Show           -  http://www.riscoslondonshow.co.uk/