[Rpcemu] RPCEmu (linux) Hangs on seeing uniboot (RO 3.71)

Richard Walker richardwalker at letterboxes.org
Fri Oct 26 02:39:06 PDT 2018

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018, at 04:38, Bryan Hogan wrote:
> In message <a7b85a11-151e-bbb7-ba8d-ae4d388f8a38 at dewberryfields.co.uk>
>           Michael Howard <mike at dewberryfields.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Using any cpu configuration other that SA causes the emulator to hang as
> > soon as it 'sees' the uniboot !Boot folder.
>
> IIRC this is caused by the StrongARM version of the BootVars program
> failing on any other cpu type. Maybe you could use a copy of BootVars
> from an earlier uniboot?

If there is an issue with BootVars, then I suspect later (post-Acorn?) builds
will be fine.

You can use the RISC OS 5 disc image (including the boot sequence) on
versions of RISC OS right back to 3.1.

Apart from historical interest, I'm not sure there is much reason to use
the old Acorn boot sequence.

--
  Richard Walker
  richardwalker at letterboxes.org