[Rpcemu] RPCEmu at the RISC OS London Show, 26-10-2019

David Glover-Aoki me at davidglover.org
Sun Oct 20 11:39:57 PDT 2019

On Oct 14, 2019, at 12:17 AM, Sprow <webpages at sprow.co.uk> wrote:

> You can send Econet over IP, so no need to emulate the 5 wire balanced line
> stuff. NetI is the module that does the stuff, it's still there in RISC OS 5,
> Sprow.

I had a (literal) dream a while ago that someone had made a box with an econet socket on one side and an ethernet socket on the other and that connecting your beeb to it and plugging it into the internet would connect to a kind of central Econet server somewhere on the internet so that everyone in the world who had one was connected to a single global econet network.

Was a nice idea, I thought.

David.