[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.9.2

Steffen Huber steffen at huber-net.de
Sat Oct 26 07:11:10 PDT 2019

Hi Peter,

> Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 at 12:48, Steffen Huber <steffen at huber-net.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > > Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
> > >

> > > A new version of RPCEmu is available, 0.9.2
> >
> > The new networking guide refers to files inside HostFS in the Network
> > directory,
>

> Only in a section labelled "From version 0.9.1 of RPCEmu the following
> steps are no longer required",
> as such the files arn't included or needed in any version from 0.9.1
> onwards.

Ah sorry, suboptimal reading comprehension on my part :-(

I probably got confused by my RISC OS 4.02 installation not detecting
a networking interface at all, then I read the docs and somehow jumped
to the wrong conclusion (and after extracting AutoSense content from
Mercurial, it DID detect the interface, which was probably even more
confusing looking back now).

Also confusing is that, when coming from the "NAT" instructions, which
is only available since 0.9.2...I just did not expect to read text that
is only relevant for 0.9.1 and previous versions. Now I see that it is
the same page for NAT as well as for bridging networking, which makes
that clear.

Anyway, it does not work for me, neither with DHCP nor fixed IP on a
Windows 10 and RISC OS 4.02 and 5.24 environment. I'll try on Windows 7
later where I have admin rights to configure the Windows networking
stuff.

Thanks
Steffen aka hubersn

--
Steffen Huber LambdaComm System – Welcome to Trollinger Country
steffen at huber-net.de
Private homepage http://www.huber-net.de/
RISC OS Blog http://riscosblog.huber-net.de/