[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.9.2

Bob Latham bob at mightyoak.org.uk
Sat Oct 26 09:25:50 PDT 2019

In article
<CANc9Z=xCR-qg+CFbguRhe9ffVQGUbL+cf1LRw+7Qmx=XmBz0fw at mail.gmail.com>,
   Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:
> A new version of RPCEmu is available, 0.9.2

> http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/

> Changes in this build

> - Networking
> We have added a new networking mode, Network Address
> Translation, that significantly reduces the effort required to
> setup.

OK, so the RO bit sits behind NAT so does that mean similar rules
apply to the NAT we're all used to ie. you cannot make a connection
from the outside to a machine on the inside? I presume you cannot
even ping the RO machine from the main network.

Connections can be started from the RO protected side but not the
main network so doesn't that mean shareFS can't ever work from the
network?

I hope my understanding is wrong.

Bob.

--