[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.9.2

Timothy Coltman lists at maemagel.com
Sat Oct 26 10:28:58 PDT 2019

On 26 Oct 2019, at 10:02, Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:

> A new version of RPCEmu is available, 0.9.2
>
> http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/ <http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/>

Hi Peter

I'm pleased to report that from a Mac point of view, 0.9.2 does compile and run once it's been patched with my previous work from 0.9.1.  I'll issue a revised patch in due course.

Even better, networking works - I can connect to my NAS via !FTPc and use Netsurf to connect to a few web sites.  I did have to write some dummy functions for the various functions in a Mac equivalent "network-linux.c" to get the code to compile.

However, compiling with the "dynarec" option turned on gives an access denied error when you run the emulator (the "mprotect" line in "set_memory_executable" of "ArmDynarec.c").  This is OS X 10.14.6, with the latest software updates.  This looks like an Apple change or something, as previous versions of the emulator did work with dynamic compilation turned on.  It seems to object to PROT_EXEC - no idea why, though reading around suggests it may be something to do with sandboxing.

Tim