[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.9.2

Timothy Coltman lists at maemagel.com
Sun Oct 27 10:29:30 PDT 2019

> On 27 Oct 2019, at 15:17, Steffen Huber <steffen at huber-net.de> wrote:
>

> By "not working" I mean that ifconfig -a shows that (in the static
> IP case) the IP address is correctly assigned, and route shows that
> the route to the router is correctly set, and DNS is correctly
> configured. But pinging the router/DNS server does not work. Pinging
> any other machine on the network does not work. Name resolving
> obviously does not work, either.

(Sending again, to the list this time.)

Pinging doesn't work for me either, but it seems that's a quirk of the NAT implementation.  From the website (http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/manual/net-ro-nat.html <http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/manual/net-ro-nat.html>):

"ICMP packets are not forwarded through the Network Address Translation, only IP packets, as such 'ping' will not be able to ping any host other than 10.10.10.10 and 10.10.10.2".

Tim