[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.9.1 and inexplicably high levels of background CPU activity (fwd)

George george.greenfieldbt at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 17 20:45:23 PDT 2019

In message <58a41e76c5d10d6247b9718b590d803d at ascinfo.fr> you wrote:

>> Le 2019-08-26 17:49, George a crit :
>>
>>> I've tried setting 'Reduced CPU Usage' in Settings, which successfully
>>> controls CPU background activity, but also causes desktop icons to
>>> stop reacting to mouse clicks consistently (normal, non-reduced CPU
>>> usage mouse behaviour is exemplarily consistent, by contrast).
>>> Secondly, once set, 'Reduced CPU Usage'is very difficult to unset: you
>>> have to open Settings as RPCEmu loads but before the desktop appears,
>>> otherwise the setting persists.
>>>
>> I confirm this bug. And if you boot in CLI mode (not desktop), it's
>> absolutely impossible to use.
>> It was working great with the previous (non QT) version.
>>
>> Bye, David

Thanks, David.

I should have mentioned in the original post, that auto-repeating
keystrokes are a major problem as well with 'Reduce CPU Usage'
selected: it's not just the mouse! I also tested the behaviour of
0.8.11/5.20 which is also installed here, and you are quite correct,
non QT versions work fine.

--
George