[Rpcemu] Another little patch for macOS

Timothy Coltman lists at maemagel.com
Mon Apr 20 12:54:33 PDT 2020

> On 20 Apr 2020, at 19:45, Peter Moore <petemoore at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Many thanks for this! If all goes well, is there likely to be a new release for Mac in  http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/index.php#downloads <http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/index.php#downloads> ? I’d love to give it a try again. :-)
>
> If there isn’t an official build, has anyone else already made a build that they have had success with? Is there any way to step the user through the Accessibility setting change ("Allow the apps below to control your computer”) if RPCEmu detects the privilege has not been granted at runtime?
>
> Many thanks,
> Pete

Hi Pete

Sadly the Mac builds are unofficial at the moment - the various patches that people have submitted have not yet been incorporated into the main source tree.  If you look at older posts on the list there are some releases from David Pitt which may be of interest (early March 2020).

I recently set up a GitHub repository for my RPCEmu builds.  It's currently private, and doesn't include Andrew's patches, but as I'm on furlough for the next three weeks (err, yay?) I will make some time to add in Andrew's changes and then make everything available to download, including as binaries.  I'll post to the list when it's ready.

It does not seem as if you can automatically add something to the accessibility section of System Preferences (though it may be if you have an Apple signed binary, which we do not).  It's fairly straightforward, and you only need it if you use full-screen or mouse capture mode.

Tim