[Rpcemu] Another little patch for macOS

Andrew Hodgkinson ahodgkin at riscosopen.org
Mon Apr 20 14:10:44 PDT 2020

On 21 Apr 2020, at 7:54, Timothy Coltman wrote:

> I recently set up a GitHub repository for my RPCEmu builds.  It's
> currently private, and doesn't include Andrew's patches, but as I'm on
> furlough for the next three weeks (err, yay?) I will make some time to
> add in Andrew's changes and then make everything available to
> download, including as binaries.  I'll post to the list when it's
> ready.

I have complete patched builds for macOS and Windows ready to go with a
5.24 disc image, but we're just waiting on 5.28 being finalised. The
COVID-19 situation has at once caused significant delays, but also
removed various deadline time pressures, so that's helpful in a strange
kind of way.

Tim, if you e-mail me off-list I can share this including the build
script so we can "compare notes", so to speak.

The Mac side of the app would need a fair bit of additional code to try
and walk the user through the System Preferences changes. Even for apps
with large development teams, Catalina seems to have this as a very
clunky process; I suppose any kind of programmatic automation of it
would negate the benefits, though, as malware could use it to try and
bypass the system protections.

I wrote a PDF read-me for the ROOL macOS version which guides the user
through everything, with screenshots.

--
Andrew Hodgkinson
RISC OS Open Limited