[Rpcemu] New 0.9.2 Mac binary release

Peter Moore petemoore at gmx.net
Tue Apr 28 01:57:33 PDT 2020

Many thanks Tim!

You resolved my issues! Indeed, I had several installations of RPCEmu and this was from the wrong installation. After cleaning up, and finding the correct directory, I was able to get things running with a blank harddisk image (to make sure I was editing the correct hd4.hdf file) and then after prepending my own hard disk image with 512 zero bytes, I had my old machine running in the emulator! Amazing.

I have a couple of warnings that I suspect I probably also had on the old machine, but most things seem to work. The drive is full of my old BASIC programs, whose purpose/function mostly elude me now, but I’m looking forward to rediscovering them. :-)

I don’t suppose the emulator has a feature to emulate the presence of the Impressions Publisher dongle, so I can open up my old documents? That is the only real issue I have left to solve...

Great to have the HostFS integration to extract files from the hard drive, I’m impressed, both with the old RISC OS for having a mechanism to recognise/discover pluggable file systems, and RPCEmu for being able to present a virtual filesystem to RISC OS. A very nice tight integration. :-)

Pete