[Rpcemu] Attempting to install ADFFS on RPCEmu using Mac 0.9.3a build

Luke A theabro at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 4 04:01:09 PDT 2020

Hello,
Aside from owning an Archimedies around 25 years ago I haven’t touched RISC OS since. I’m running macOS 10.13.6. and I’m attempting to use the Mac 0.9.3a release from here
https://github.com/Septercius/rpcemu-dev/releases
to run the RISC OS 5.27 easystart bundle from here
http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/easystart.html
I installed the RPCEmu-Recompiler version fine and extracted the “other platforms edition” of the easystart bundle and copied this into the Data directory.
RPCEmu boots up absolutely fine, and I can run programs, networking is fine and I can access the web etc.
However, when I try to following the instructions on installing ADFFS from JASSP here (admittedly this is for a Pi)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpQk1l7Rvu0
I run into an issue. The !Boot.Loader is not seen as a directory, either in RISC OS or on my Mac - it appears as a text file on RISC OS and as a Unix executable on my Mac.
I can neither complete the instructions on the YouTube video or the text instructions here
https://forums.jaspp.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=355
as I can’t view/edit/create the !Boot.Loader.CONFIG/TXT or !Boot.Loader.CMDLINE/TXT files.
I’m not sure why this is, and I would greatly appreciate any help and advice as to how to proceed.
Many thanks and best wishes,Luke Abraham