[Rpcemu] RPCEmu for macOS updated.

Tim Powys-Lybbe tim at powys.org
Wed Mar 4 15:56:06 PST 2020

Hi to all the eager RPCemu users on Macs.

Thanks for the new version 3.

I have now installed the version 3 application on four machines, 1 of Catalina, two of Mohave and one of High Sierra.  The first three work well and the last would not network nor would it run at anything above a slow crawl.  But this crawling Mac Air is ten years old and I am astonished that it still runs - as a Mac - at all, so is not a problem.

I found the procedure a tad difficult to implement with the first machine, so I wrote down what I did with the second machine and revised it on the third and fourth machines.  I append a copy of it in case it is of use to anyone else.

But I have noted that there are thoughts of a more refined RPCemu on a Mac so this level of detail in my procedure will rapidly get out of date.

The beauty is that I now need but one computer to do everything and additionally I can now do rather a lot on my portable machine.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                                           tim at powys.org
                        for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/