[Rpcemu] RPCEmu macOS mouse behaviour

Peter Howkins rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net
Sun Mar 22 18:23:55 PDT 2020

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 at 22:55, Andrew Hodgkinson <ahodgkin at riscosopen.org>
wrote:

> That said, under Linux we also
> see the exact same behaviour and the "mousehack" mode plus patch does
> seem to do the trick there too.

This is odd, because in my experience it does work on Linux fine. Except
under one circumstance, if it's a Linux running under VirtualBox there's
virtual box bug that stops it :(

Can you confirm this, or if not please provide info on which Linux distro
you're running under?

It is definitely advantageous to be able
> to access the menu bar and get out of full screen mode in Mac OS, and
> advantageous to be able to thereafter scale the RPCEmu window and have
> the mouse coordinates still correctly mapped.

I'm also a bit confused about this one, at least on Windows and Linux, full
screen means you can pretend there's no Host OS there, it's great for games
and the like you're on a real machine. There isn't the menu bar available
(because either the menu bar is over the top of the RISC OS content, or the
RISC OS content has been squished under it?).

Peter