[Rpcemu] RPCEmu macOS mouse behaviour

Andrew Hodgkinson ahodgkin at riscosopen.org
Wed Mar 25 13:00:09 PDT 2020

On 26 Mar 2020, at 0:44, David Pitt wrote:

> I can confirm that with Andrew's full screen mouse patch applied the
> the mouse pointer does now work on RPCEmu 0.9.2 in Full-screen in
> Follow Host Mouse mode on Ubuntu 18.04 running in a VMWare Fusion VM
> on an iMacPro.

Good to know, thanks. I copied the executable onto a Catalina Mac from
work that's never run it before and added it into the Accessibility
section of the Security system preferences as described elsewhere. With
this done, the mouse pointer in non-host mode did work as expected and
per Peter's explanation. In this mode, EX0/EY0 stuff works just fine, so
I was delighted to be able to run a true retina mode X3072 Y1920 C256
EX0 EY0 and for the first time ever, run a good-sized RISC OS desktop in
native "retina mode". Fun!

--
Andrew Hodgkinson
RISC OS Open Limited