From RISC OS
riscos.info accepts bug reports against any program hosted here, or against the site itself. These can include obvious faults, feature requests, or the simplest of suggested fixes. Making these bugs readily available allows developers to prioritize issues, allow planning, and ensures tracking so that when a problem is fixed, both the reporter and developer know they can move on.
Reporting bugs also removes some burden from developers, as it helps ensure a consistent style and format that is not readily possible for example in email.
Bug reporting needs to follow certain guidelines to be useful to developers. It needs to have comprehensive details, and ideally be repeatable. The following guide is required reading before submitting any bugs to riscos.info:
What is valid to report
Anything related to software hosted on riscos.info. This includes:
- Regular bugs, and obvious faults in software
- Feature requests in existing software
- Updates of existing riscos.info ports
- Updates of ports elsewhere, where the developer might not have any further interest
- Requests for new ports
The last is of particular note - it allows us to track all the related problems that immediately prevent porting of a given piece of software.
How to report a bug
Note that the bug system's user accounts are separate from the Wiki accounts. You'll need to create a new account before you can proceed.
Where relevant, please include:
- Version of RISC OS
- Repeatable steps
- Where to get the source, if it's a port/update request
- Any valid URLs, mailing list/usenet related information.
As an alternative, you can post to the riscos.info mailing list and summarize in the bug report.
Also, the "severity" in most cases will be "feature request" or "normal". "major" should only be given to bugs that cause major system instability, and not bugs that merely prevent you running a program.
When you first enter a bug, you will need to first choose a "product", then a "category". If you are unsure, it is ok to guess - we can move it.
Before reporting a new bug, you should check it hasn't already been reported.
List of bugs in a specific group:
- All bugs - every bug in the system
- GCC - bugs against GCC native and cross compiler, UnixLib and shared library support.
- Firefox - RISC OS Mozilla Firefox bug reports and feature requests.
- Games - Any bugs or against riscos.info game ports, including suggestions for new game ports.
- Other ports - Any bugs against any non-game ports, including libraries, command line utilities, the GCCSDK Autobuilder and other porting tools.
To enter a new bug, or for a more specific search: